Urban Advocacy Team
Since Buffalo is growing ever more diverse, and the church is called to be life-giving in urban centers, the WNY District is placing an urban advocacy team in the city:
- to work with the church to live and express Good News
- to impact the community through collaborative, compassionate service
The Ministry of Urban Advocacy serves to strengthen the church, to welcome newcomers and long-time residents into vital faith communities. This includes the long stream of immigrants and neighbors who have moved in over many years as well as recent refugees from countries such as Burma, Congo, Cuba, Iraq, Nepal, Nigeria, Sudan and Somalia.
1. The WNY District seeks to join with the faith community
- to welcome neighbors, both long-time urban residents & newcomers.
- to work collaboratively with other ministries
2. The WNY District seeks to bridge district congregations and city ministries.
3. The WNY District seeks to encourage healthy churches united to serve.
To partner in urban service, to pray, to give, contact Steve and Ruth: firstname.lastname@example.org